Field Engineers are crucial to the success of our service delivery operations company-wide. Typically, FE’s possess a wide range of hardware service experience/expertise and proven client satisfaction focus.
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Must be able to manage the client, exhibiting excellent communication skills as well as securing client confidence in Top Gun Technology’s ability to maintain their equipment.
- Interface directly with Client’s end-user, onsite staff, and management teams.
- Will be client-focused and client-driven to deliver the upmost client service.
- Ability to maintain the client’s equipment exceeding agreed contract Service level Agreements.
- An FE performs communication functions such as updating incidents, escalating to L3 as needed, regular client updates via phone, ordering parts, updating inventory, and time/expenses recording.
- Regularly involved in site audits and on-boarding of new clients to ensure service delivery readiness for maintenance.
- Understand and deploys “Call Home” or remote monitoring solutions.
- Attend internal product training classes.
- Able to travel to and from client sites within his/her region as required.
- Able to lift, push or carry objects weighing 50 pounds.
- Able to thrive in a team environment where resolutions may require a group effort and end of shift workload turnover is required and seamless to our clients.
- Desired applicant will have attended some college, technical school or equivalent with 5+ years’ experience servicing enterprise class server and storage devices.
- Experience with the Maintenance Services business.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with internal and external clients.
- Level 2 expertise on enterprise server and storage hardware as well as solid understanding of the environments in which they may be deployed.
- Some Operating System experience which adds value to hardware break/fix capability and understanding the client environment.
- Experience with system installation, hardware replacement procedures and firmware upgrades.
- A background in Service and Support is a requirement; however, experience in direct field service is not required, but preferred.
- Solid problem-solving skills where problems may be complex or hard to diagnose
- Possess the ability to be persuasive with clients, keeping “client satisfaction” as a guiding factor.
- Strong telephone etiquette skills ensure constructive, professional relationships with colleagues and clients. Active listening and written communication follow-up are just as necessary to knowing how to tactfully communicate directions. A “client first” attitude is inherent in every step an FE takes. Patient, and the ability to work as a team while effectively juggling multiple tasks.
Working Conditions or Additional requirements:
- This position requires the ability to lift 50lbs by one’s self and up to 100lbs with assistance. Field Engineers are required to be in a 7x24x365 Standby rotation and able to travel to and from client sites with a reliable vehicle.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base Salary plus Over Time
- Health, Dental and Vision
Top Gun Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.