Top Gun Technology’s Advanced Engineering Group and their L3 senior technical support engineers are crucial to the success of service operations company-wide. These L3 engineers typically have many years of product experience/expertise and a proven high degree of success with timely accurate problem diagnoses and resolution. These individuals are leveraged as thought leaders for the various technical areas they represent; and as such, are called upon to provide product leadership in regard to new product development, steady-state support and provide ongoing training.
Regions: All Regions
- Experience in providing support for ANY of these IBM Enterprise Storage platforms and their consoles:
- DS8900, DS8880, DS8800 and DS8870
- TS7700 Tape Storage
- Must have direct in-depth knowledge of diagnostics, tools and utilities to facilitate remedial service and assist Field Service in meeting contractual customer SLAs.
- Must be able to manage the client and field engineering, exhibiting excellent communication skills, as well as securing client confidence in Top Gun Technology to maintain their mission-critical hardware assets.
- Interface directly with the client’s high-level crisis escalation management teams.
- Will be client-focused and client-driven to deliver the utmost customer service.
- Able to travel to and from client sites, as required.
- Able to thrive in a team environment where resolutions may require a group effort and end-of-shift workload turnover is required and seamless to our clients.
- Experience with the enterprise hardware maintenance (“break/fix”) services business.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with internal and external customers.
- High level of expertise on enterprise storage hardware as well as a solid understanding of the environments in which they may be deployed.
- Experience with system installation and hardware/FRU replacement procedures.
- Solid problem-solving skills where problems may be complex or hard to diagnose.
- Possess the ability to be persuasive with customers, keeping “customer satisfaction,” as a guiding factor.
- Strong telephone etiquette skills ensure constructive, professional relationships with colleagues and customers. Active listening and written communication follow-up are just as necessary to know how to tactfully communicate directions. A “client first” attitude is inherent in every step an engineer takes.
Working Conditions or Additional requirements:
- The IBM Enterprise Storage Support Engineer is required to be in a 7x24x365 call rotation and able to travel to and from client sites as required.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base Salary
- Health, Dental and Vision
Top Gun Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.