FIELD TECHNICIAN ENGINEER (CARLSTADT)
We are currently seeking experienced and skilled Field Technicians and/or degreed Engineers (FE) in Carlstadt, New Jersey. At Top Gun Technology our Field Engineers have L2 technical experience and are residents in our local field offices in order to service our client’s data centers directly.
Field Engineers are crucial to the success of our service delivery operations company-wide. Typically, FE’s possess a wide range of hardware service experience/expertise and proven client satisfaction focus.
Location: Carlstadt, New Jersey
- Must be able to manage the client, exhibiting excellent communication skills as well as securing client confidence in Top Gun Technology’s ability to maintain their equipment.
- Interface directly with Client’s end-user, onsite staff, and management teams.
- Will be client-focused and client-driven to deliver the upmost client service.
- Ability to maintain the client’s equipment exceeding agreed contract Service level Agreements.
- An FE performs communication functions such as updating incidents, escalating to L3 as needed, regular client updates via phone, ordering parts, updating inventory, and time/expenses recording.
- Regularly involved in site audits and on-boarding of new clients to ensure service delivery readiness for maintenance.
- Understand and deploys “Call Home” or remote monitoring solutions.
- Attend internal product training classes.
- Able to travel to and from client sites within his/her region as required.
- Able to lift, push or carry objects weighing 50 pounds.
- Able to thrive in a team environment where resolutions may require a group effort and end of shift workload turnover is required and seamless to our clients.
- Desired applicant will have attended some college, technical school or equivalent with 5+ years’ experience servicing enterprise class server and storage devices.
- Experience with the Maintenance Services business.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with internal and external clients.
- Level 2 expertise on enterprise server and storage hardware as well as solid understanding of the environments in which they may be deployed.
- Some Operating System experience which adds value to hardware break/fix capability and understanding the client environment.
- Experience with system installation, hardware replacement procedures and firmware upgrades.
- A background in Service and Support is a requirement; however, experience in direct field service is not required, but preferred.
- Solid problem-solving skills where problems may be complex or hard to diagnose
- Possess the ability to be persuasive with clients, keeping “client satisfaction” as a guiding factor.
- Strong telephone etiquette skills ensure constructive, professional relationships with colleagues and clients. Active listening and written communication follow-up are just as necessary to knowing how to tactfully communicate directions. A “client first” attitude is inherent in every step an FE takes. Patient, and the ability to work as a team while effectively juggling multiple tasks.
Working Conditions or Additional requirements:
- This position requires the ability to lift 50lbs by one’s self and up to 100lbs with assistance. Field Engineers are required to be in a 7x24x365 Standby rotation and able to travel to and from client sites with a reliable vehicle.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base Salary plus Over Time
- Health, Dental and Vision
Top Gun Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.
Top Gun Technology is hiring. We are currently seeking highly motivated individuals to be part of our team.
Multi-Vendor Enterprise Storage Engineer
IBM Enterprise Storage Support Engineer
Field Technician Engineer – Chicago
Field Technician Engineer – Des Moines
Field Technician Engineer – Omaha
Field Technician Engineer – Denver
Field Technician Engineer – Carlstadt
Senior Business Development Representative
Business Development Representative
Strategic Partner Development Manager – Federal
L3 Senior Technical Support Engineer – NetApp
THE TOP GUN DIFFERENCE.
Powered by ServiceNow, Top Gun Technology provides TPM 2.0™ maintenance services that are uniquely designed to deliver the highest quality of infrastructure support for mission critical operations.
Let’s Talk About Your Future
From Engineering to Sales, team members at Top Gun have a unique opportunity to create internal value by making a difference in our clients’ long-term business strategy and support of their mission-critical infrastructure.