The Advanced Engineering Group and their L3 Senior Technical Support Engineers are crucial to the success of service operations company wide. These L3 engineers typically have many years of product experience/expertise and a proven high degree of success with timely accurate problem resolution. These individuals are leveraged as thought leaders for the various technical areas they represent; and as such are called upon to provide product leadership in regard to new product development, steady state support, and educator.
Regions: All Regions
- Must be able to manage the client and field engineering, exhibiting excellent communication skills as well as securing client confidence in Top Gun Technology to maintain their equipment.
- Interface directly with Client’s high-level crisis escalation management teams.
- Will be client-focused and client-driven to deliver the upmost customer service.
- Highly qualified in the mission critical NetApp products operating environment and peripherals to provide L3 support. Must have direct in-depth knowledge of NetApp diagnostics, tools and utilities to facilitate remedial service and assist Field Service in meeting contractual Customer SLA.
- An SSE reviews new equipment for maintainability to ensure that our field and support staff can obtain the resources required to maintain the equipment under contract i.e. training, parts, equipment, etc.
- Occasionally involved in site audits and on-boarding of new technology to provide guidance required for maintenance.
- Works with Logistics to assist in the acquisition of parts for sparing, associated parts definition, and researching compatibility of parts, as well as assessing probability of failure.
- Works with Sales to assess feasibility of client requests and review sales proposals for potential issues i.e. firmware levels, patch issues, additional hardware requirements and compatibility issues.
- Develops and deploys “Call Home” or remote monitoring solutions.
- Develops and delivers internal training classes.
- Evaluates OEM and third-party training classes for content and value.
- Utilize tools, and content, within corporate intranet to deliver technical communications.
- Able to travel to and from client sites nationally as required.
- Able to lift, push or carry objects weighing 50 pounds.
- Able to thrive in a team environment where resolutions may require a group effort and end of shift workload turnover is required and seamless to our clients.
- Desired applicant will have attended some college, technical school or equivalent with 15+ years’ experience with NetApp Storage products hardware and backup application experience accompanied with secondary experience in EMC/DELL storage hardware or Server experience.
- Experience with the Maintenance Services business.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with internal and external customers.
- High level of expertise on enterprise storage hardware as well as solid understanding of the environments in which they may be deployed.
- IBM storage products software experience in OS support on the hardware platform
- Experience with system installation, hardware replacement procedures and firmware upgrades.
- A background in Engineering, Service and Support is a requirement; however, experience in direct field service is not required, but preferred.
- Solid problem-solving skills where problems may be complex or hard to diagnose
- Possess the ability to be persuasive with customers, keeping “customer satisfaction” as a guiding factor.
- Strong telephone etiquette skills ensure constructive, professional relationships with colleagues and customers. Active listening and written communication follow-up are just as necessary to knowing how to tactfully communicate directions. A “client first” attitude is inherent in every step a support engineer takes.
Working Conditions or Additional requirements:
- L3 Senior Technical Support Engineer is required to be in a 7x24x365 call rotation and able to travel to and from client sites nationally as required.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base Salary
- Health, Dental and Vision
Top Gun Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.
Please submit your resume to: [email protected]