Q1-23 EoSL Dates for Your Enterprise Servers, Storage & Network Assets
By Brian Kjera, Top Gun Technology
Many hardware asset managers or IT operations professionals track data center hardware EoSL dates because, EoSL dates are essential to managing IT budgets, especially in preparation for support renewals and during periods of inflation. When IT Asset Management (or portfolio management) personnel have this data and have established flagging/alerts, your team can be better prepared with options that enable new efficiencies and cost savings.
Tracking these dates is an invaluable task that optimizes IT support (OpEx) spend by helping users strategically plan refresh cycles based on business demands rather than allowing the OEM’s EoSL dates to dictate hardware changes. At Top Gun, we continuously review EoSL announcements to ensure our engineering support services are ready and available for companies that strategically shift their post-warranty or EoSL hardware to a proven independent support model. By leveraging EoSL data into your IT asset lifecycle planning, we believe you’ll be better prepared to transition hardware maintenance to logical alternatives and prevent unnecessary cost increases.
Click to subscribe to our quarterly email, in case you might miss these blog updates.
The hardware models displayed below (alphabetized by OEM) will soon reach the manufacturers’ End-of-Service Life (EOSL). After these dates, you can expect OEM support pricing to increase substantially.
- Cisco Nexus 9372PX – 2/28/2023
- Cisco Nexus 9372XT – 2/28/2023
- Dell VNX5200 – 1/31/2023
- Dell VNX5400 – 1/31/2023
- Dell VNX5600 – 1/31/2023
- Dell VNX5800 – 1/31/2023
- Dell VNX7600 – 1/31/2023
- Dell VNX8000 – 1/31/2023
- Dell VNXe1600 – 1/31/2023
- Dell VNXe3200 – 1/31/2023
- Dell EMC Centera Generation 4 – 2/28/2023
- HPE Integrity BL860c i4 – 3/31/2023
- HPE Integrity BL870c i4 – 3/31/2023
- HPE Integrity BL890c i4 – 3/31/2023
- HPE Integrity rx2800 i4 – 3/31/2023
- HPE Integrity Superdome 2 CB900s i4 – 3/31/2023
- NetApp FAS2552 – 1/31/2023
- NetApp FAS2554 – 1/31/2023
- NetApp FAS8040 – 1/31/2023
- NetApp FAS2520 – 1/31/2023
- NetApp FAS8020 – 1/31/2023
- NetApp FAS8060 – 1/31/2023
- NetApp FAS8080 EX – 1/31/2023