Bryan Smith¹s article, ”How Mainframes Prevent Data Breaches, gives an interesting perspective on how using mainframes to process and protect data can keep hackers from having another banner year.
Smith says protecting a single mainframe is easier than protecting data distributed to all corners of a company firewall. The mainframe can act as a ‘vault’ whereas multiple systems can mean multiple possible ‘breach points’. Mainframes can allow organizations to simplify their data centers, use fewer servers and keep data safer in the care of Big Iron.
Top Gun can help mainframe users realize the financial benefits of refurbished, IBM branded/certified equipment. Not running on a mainframe? Top Gun can be your solution on how to save on other IT hardware
- IBM zSystems : EC12/2827, BC12/2828, z196/2817, z114/2818 & feature upgrades- for z13s too
- IBM Power Systems: POWER8 & 7/7+ and previous generations p & iSeries Servers
- IBM Storage: Tape, Disk (DS8XXX and more), Libraries and VTS
- Connectivity: FICON Directors and 16GB Switches
- Hardware Leasing: Any platform, new or used
- Hardware Surplus Purchasing & Consolidation Services
- HP (new and refurbished), Dell, Sun/STK, EMC, Cisco and other manufacturers hardware is also available
Just Off-Lease: Gen 1 & Gen 2 V7000s. Gen2s come with 1 year of SWMA and 3 years of HWMA. We can configure to meet your specific storage needs.
Let us show you cost saving options the OEM’s are not discussing to maximize your IT budget.
Top Gun Technology – “Your Ultimate Data Center Resource”