Decommissioning Servers, Storage and Network Equipment
Once migration has finished, our engineers arrange for the safe and secure decommissioning of the IT equipment. You can take advantage of our optional post warranty support services for older hardware to remain in place and fully operational for as long as you need to mirror the new application.
Our decommissioning team provides advice about redeploying decommissioned hardware and may prepares redundant arrays for reuse in a software defined storage environment. Alternately, we can arrange for safe disposal or recycling of unused equipment, freeing up space in your data center.
- Provide additional redeployment options, including using existing equipment in an SDS layer.
- Ensure power-down preparation is completed before equipment is finally removed.
- Frees up additional footprint in your data centers.
Secure Data Deletion and Secure Data Erasure
Once your storage arrays have been fully decommissioned and are no longer required, Top Gun will arrange to have all remaining data securely deleted and erased.
The process is completely irreversible, and your data is never exposed to any third party during deletion. We will arrange for physical destruction of disk platters if they are not to be reused.
Secure data deletion services from Top Gun allow you to operate within local and international data protection laws. We help you to avoid significant fines and damage to your brand reputation by preventing recovery of sensitive data and IP.
- Guaranteed Hard Drive Wiping According To NIST 800-88 Guidelines
- Fully compliant with national and international data protection regulations.
- R2 certified to ensure all devices are recycled to the highest environmental standards
- We wipe data and re-use drives, or arrange for physical destruction according to your data protection policies
Once the data is deleted, it cannot be recovered.