L3 SENIOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER – IBM STORWIZE
We are currently seeking additional highly experienced and skilled Senior Support Engineer to join our IBM Storwize support team. At Top Gun Technology the Senior Support Engineer (SSE) will provide L3 technical expertise and experience to supplement local field staff’s technical ability as they perform their duties in the field.
The Advanced Engineering Group and their L3 Senior Technical Support Engineers are crucial to the success of service operations company-wide. These L3 engineers typically have many years of product experience/expertise and a proven high degree of success with timely accurate problem resolution. These individuals are leveraged as thought leaders for the various technical areas they represent; and as such are called upon to provide product leadership in regard to new product development, steady-state support, and educator.
Regions: All Regions
- Must be able to manage the client and field engineering, exhibiting excellent communication skills as well as securing client confidence in Top Gun Technology to maintain their equipment.
- Interface directly with the Client’s high-level crisis escalation management teams.
- Will be client-focused and client-driven to deliver the utmost customer service.
- Highly qualified in the mission-critical IBM Storwize products operating environment and peripherals to provide L3 support. Must have direct in-depth knowledge of IBM Storwize diagnostics, tools, and utilities to facilitate remedial service and assist Field Service in meeting contractual Customer SLA.
- An SSE reviews new equipment for maintainability to ensure that our field and support staff can obtain the resources required to maintain the equipment under contract i.e. training, parts, equipment, etc.
- Occasionally involved in site audits and on-boarding of new technology to provide the guidance required for maintenance.
- Works with Logistics to assist in the acquisition of parts for sparing, associated parts definition, and researching compatibility of parts, as well as assessing the probability of failure.
- Works with Sales to assess the feasibility of client requests and review sales proposals for potential issues i.e. firmware levels, patch issues, additional hardware requirements, and compatibility issues.
- Develops and deploys “Call Home” or remote monitoring solutions.
- Develops and delivers internal training classes.
- Evaluates OEM and third-party training classes for content and value.
- Utilize tools, and content, within corporate intranet to deliver technical communications.
- Able to travel to and from client sites nationally as required.
- Able to lift, push, or carry objects weighing 50 pounds.
- Able to thrive in a team environment where resolutions may require a group effort and end of shift workload turnover is required and seamless to our clients.
- The desired applicant will have attended some college, technical school, or equivalent with 15+ years’ experience with IBM product hardware and backup application experience accompanied with secondary experience in EMC/DELL storage hardware or server experience.
- Experience with the Maintenance Services business.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with internal and external customers.
- High level of expertise on enterprise storage hardware as well as a solid understanding of the environments in which they may be deployed.
- IBM storage products software experience in OS support on the hardware platform
- Experience with system installation, hardware replacement procedures, and firmware upgrades.
- A background in Engineering, Service, and Support is a requirement; however, experience in direct field service is not required but preferred.
- Solid problem-solving skills where problems may be complex or hard to diagnose
- Possess the ability to be persuasive with customers, keeping “customer satisfaction” as a guiding factor.
- Strong telephone etiquette skills ensure constructive, professional relationships with colleagues and customers. Active listening and written communication follow-up are just as necessary to know how to tactfully communicate directions. A “client first” attitude is inherent in every step a support engineer takes.
Working Conditions or Additional requirements:
- L3 Senior Technical Support Engineer is required to be in a 7x24x365 call rotation and able to travel to and from client sites nationally as required.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base Salary
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- Paid-Time Off
Top Gun Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.
Top Gun Technology is hiring. We are currently seeking highly motivated individuals to be part of our team.
Multi-Vendor Enterprise Storage Engineer
IBM Enterprise Storage Support Engineer
Field Technician Engineer – Chicago
Field Technician Engineer – Des Moines
Field Technician Engineer – Omaha
Field Technician Engineer – Denver
Field Technician Engineer – Carlstadt
Senior Business Development Representative
Strategic Partner Development Manager – Federal
L3 Senior Technical Support Engineer – NetApp
THE TOP GUN DIFFERENCE.
Powered by ServiceNow, Top Gun Technology provides TPM 2.0™ maintenance services that are uniquely designed to deliver the highest quality of infrastructure support for mission critical operations.
Let’s Talk About Your Future
From Engineering to Sales, team members at Top Gun have a unique opportunity to create internal value by making a difference in our clients’ long-term business strategy and support of their mission-critical infrastructure.