The Advanced Engineering Group and their L3 Senior Technical Support Engineers are crucial to the success of service operations company-wide. These L3 engineers typically have many years of product experience/expertise and a proven high degree of success with timely accurate problem resolution. These individuals are leveraged as thought leaders for the various technical areas they represent; and as such are called upon to provide product leadership in regard to new product development, steady-state support, and educator.
Regions: All Regions
- Must be able to manage the client and field engineering, exhibiting excellent communication skills as well as securing client confidence in Top Gun Technology to maintain their equipment.
- Interface directly with the Client’s high-level crisis escalation management teams.
- Will be client-focused and client-driven to deliver the utmost customer service.
- Highly qualified in the mission-critical HP UX products operating environment and peripherals to provide L3 support. Must have direct in-depth knowledge of HP UX diagnostics, tools, and utilities to facilitate remedial service and assist Field Service in meeting contractual Customer SLA.
- An SSE reviews new equipment for maintainability to ensure that our field and support staff can obtain the resources required to maintain the equipment under contract i.e. training, parts, equipment, etc.
- Occasionally involved in site audits and on-boarding of new technology to provide the guidance required for maintenance.
- Works with Logistics to assist in the acquisition of parts for sparing, associated parts definition, and researching compatibility of parts, as well as assessing the probability of failure.
- Works with Sales to assess the feasibility of client requests and review sales proposals for potential issues i.e. firmware levels, patch issues, additional hardware requirements, and compatibility issues.
- Develops and deploys “Call Home” or remote monitoring solutions.
- Develops and delivers internal training classes.
- Evaluates OEM and third-party training classes for content and value.
- Utilize tools, and content, within corporate intranet to deliver technical communications.
- Able to travel to and from client sites nationally as required.
- Able to lift, push or carry objects weighing 50 pounds.
- Able to thrive in a team environment where resolutions may require a group effort and end of shift workload turnover is required and seamless to our clients.
- The desired applicant will have attended some college, technical school, or equivalent with 15+ years’ experience with HP storage products hardware and backup application experience accompanied with secondary experience in EMC/DELL storage hardware or server experience.
- Experience with the Maintenance Services business.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with internal and external customers.
- High level of expertise on enterprise storage hardware as well as a solid understanding of the environments in which they may be deployed.
- HP storage products software experience in OS support on the hardware platform
- Experience with system installation, hardware replacement procedures, and firmware upgrades.
- A background in Engineering, Service, and Support is a requirement; however, experience in direct field service is not required but preferred.
- Solid problem-solving skills where problems may be complex or hard to diagnose
- Possess the ability to be persuasive with customers, keeping “customer satisfaction” as a guiding factor.
- Strong telephone etiquette skills ensure constructive, professional relationships with colleagues and customers. Active listening and written communication follow-up are just as necessary to know how to tactfully communicate directions. A “client first” attitude is inherent in every step a support engineer takes.
Working Conditions or Additional requirements:
- L3 Senior Technical Support Engineer is required to be in a 7x24x365 call rotation and able to travel to and from client sites nationally as required.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base Salary
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- Paid-Time Off
Top Gun Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.